- On sale!
Cladrastis kentukea (lutea)
(American Yellow wood or Virgilia) Cladrastis kentukea is a handsome small tree with good yellow autumn colour and lovely racemes of fragrant flowers summer. Best suited for a sunny position.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to South-eastern North America, Cladrastis kentukea is a small tree with lovely wisteria-like white, fragrant flowers, touched with yellow at the center in early summer. The pinnate (feather-like) leaves are pale green in spring and summer, turning warm, butter yellow in autumn before falling.
Cladrastis kentukea is an unusual and handsome tree best suited for a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils. Cladrastis kentukea is tolerant of dry soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy. This plant will grow best in an area sheltered from strong winds and late frosts, as these can damage the emerging flower buds.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small tree with an upright; graceful spreading crown once established.
- Height: up to 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: This plant is also known as Cladrastis lutea. Requires a hot, sunny position to flower.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also likeNew Price Each £22.50New Price Each £25.00
New Price Each £25.00New Price Each £19.95New Price Each £85.00New Price Each £32.00New Price Each £16.95
- On sale!