Hydrangea macrophylla 'Jogasaki'
An unusual double flowered form, Hydrangea macrophylla 'Jogosaki' typically has fascinating, blue, double ray florets, while the flowers in the centre of the flower head are single.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual double flowered form, Hydrangea macrophylla 'Jogosaki' typically has fascinating, blue, double ray florets, while the flowers in the centre of the flower head are single. The leaves develop purple and red tints as they fall in in autumn.
An excellent choice of plant for a mixed border or woodland area and suitable for gardens of most sizes.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Purplish-pink or clear blue depending upon the soil pH.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea macrophylla 'Jogosaki' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
Please be aware that the water supply on our nursery is alkaline and frequently our blue flowering varieties will have pinkish or purple flowers when they arrive with you, despite having been grown in an acidic compost. This colour will continue for several months after planting before changing to reflect the new soil conditions in your garden.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot