Fagus sylvatica 'Asterix'
(Dwarf Beech) Fagus sylvatica 'Asterix' is a rare, very slow growing, dwarf, rounded shrub with small green leaves and an architectural habit once established.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Fagus sylvatica 'Asterix' is an excellent dwarf selection of beech which grows with a distinctive heavily branched, rounded habit. The leaves are small and dark green, turning bronze in autumn before falling.
Fagus sylvatica 'Asterix' is tough, hardy and very slow growing, making it suitable for gardens with limited space. It can also be grown as a very attractive container plant for many years in sun or shade.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Asterix' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized shrub.
- Height: eventually 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft) / or up to 1 m (3 ft) in 10 years
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft) / up to 1 m (3 ft) in 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Rare and Unusual, Suitable for Containers, Habit - Architectural