Fagus sylvatica 'Asterix'
Fagus sylvatica 'Asterix' is a rare, very slow growing, dwarf, rounded shrub with small green leaves and an architectural habit once established.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
(Dwarf Beech) New to us, Fagus sylvatica 'Asterix' is an excellent dwarf selection of beech which grows with a distinctive heavily branched, rounded habit. The leaves are small and dark green, turning bronze in autumn before falling.
Fagus sylvatica 'Asterix' is tough, hardy and very slow growing, making it suitable for gardens with limited space. It can also be grown as a very attractive container plant for many years in sun or shade.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Asterix' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized shrub.
- Height: eventually 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft) / or up to 1 m (3 ft) in 10 years
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft) / up to 1 m (3 ft) in 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot
You might also like