Fagus sylvatica 'Rohan Red Weeping'
Fagus sylvatica 'Rohan Red Weeping' is a rare, slow growing small tree eventually with rich purple leave and arching, weeping branches.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
(Weeping Purple Beech) A rare selection of beech tree with very stiffly weeping branches which are clothed in rich purple leaves. An elegant but slow growing tree which has a pendulous habit and will eventually form a curtain of foliage around the main stem.
The slow growing nature and weeping habit makes Fagus sylvatica 'Rohan Weeping' very suited to small gardens but also a fine plant for woodland areas!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Rohan Weeping' grows to be a very small weeping tree with arching, weeping branches.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Habit - Weeping, To grow in a pot, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
You might also like