Fagus sylvatica 'Aurea Pendula'
Fagus sylvatica 'Aurea Pendula' is a beautiful but slow growing, weeping tree once established with soft golden leaves in spring and summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Golden Weeping Beech) As the name suggests this is a rare slow-growing, weeping beech tree with very pretty, golden or butter-yellow foliage. A beautiful tree when grown well, in our experience, the leading shoot should be trained up a bamboo cane to the required height.
Once it has reached the set height (be it 1, 2 or however many meters), remove the bamboo cane support from the main leader and allow it to weep down from that height. At this stage, the Fagus sylvatica 'Aurea Pendula' will not really grow any taller, but will instead develop more weeping branches which cascade down the main trunk.
A lovely weeping small tree which is better suited to the patient gardener!
- Position: Dappled, light shade. Do not plant Fagus sylvatica 'Aurea Pendula' in a hot position with full sun, as this will cause the foliage to scorch badly in mid summer!
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Eventually a small, weeping tree.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that Fagus sylvatica 'Aurea Pendula' will not reach the above listed size for many years and the eventual size can be be reduced by removing the main leader support at a lower height.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot, Habit - Weeping
You might also like