(Cushion Spurge) Also known as Euphorbia epithymoides, this is a distinctive perennial which has masses of bright acid yellow-green flowers in late spring.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Also known as Euphorbia epithymoides, this is a distinctive perennial which has masses of bright acid yellow-green flowers in late spring. The leaves are dark green in colour when they emerge. Dies back to the ground each autumn and comes back again the following Spring.
When planted in small groups it can be used to create a 'carpet' effect that can be very attractive in a woodland setting
- Position: Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Euphorbia polychroma is a small mound forming perennial.
- Height: 40 - 60 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: The sap of Euphorbia can be a skin irritant. Wear gloves when planting or pruning. Do not eat!
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers