(Lady's Mantle) Alchemilla mollis is a low growing, tough perennial from the Caucasus, an excellent ground cover plant and useful for difficult situations such as dry shade.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A low growing, tough perennial from the Caucasus, Alchemilla mollis is an excellent ground cover plant and useful for difficult situations such as dry shade. It's fresh looking, matt-green leaves are topped by a frothy mass of tiny yellow-green flowers from midsummer to late August.
Alchemilla mollis will self seed freely and looks most attractive in a woodland border. Useful for covering large areas when planted in number.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Alchemilla mollis is a clump forming perennial which will spread in time to cover a reasonable area.
- Height: 30 - 60 cm (1 - 2 ft)
- Spread: 60 - 100 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like