(Lady's Mantle) Alchemilla mollis is a low growing, tough perennial from the Caucasus, an excellent ground cover plant and useful for difficult situations such as dry shade.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
A low growing, tough perennial from the Caucasus, Alchemilla mollis is an excellent ground cover plant and useful for difficult situations such as dry shade. It's fresh looking, matt-green leaves are topped by a frothy mass of tiny yellow-green flowers from midsummer to late August.
Alchemilla mollis will self seed freely and looks most attractive in a woodland border. Useful for covering large areas when planted in number.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Alchemilla mollis is a clump forming perennial which will spread in time to cover a reasonable area.
- Height: 30 - 60 cm (1 - 2 ft)
- Spread: 60 - 100 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover, Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers