Euphorbia amygdaloides var robbiae
(Wood Spurge) A handsome, spreading evergreen perennial, Euphorbia amygdaloides var robbiae has dark green leaves and spikes of lime green flowers and bracts in late Spring which stand out nicely against the dark foliage.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A handsome, spreading evergreen perennial, Euphorbia amygdaloides var robbiae has dark green leaves and spikes of lime green flowers and bracts in late Spring which stand out nicely against the dark foliage. It grows well in sun or shade and will tolerate poor soils and difficult conditions (such as those found under mature trees).
When planted in small groups it can be used to create a 'carpet' effect that can be very attractive in a woodland setting
- Position: Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Euphorbia amygdaloides var robbiae is a spreading perennial.
- Height: 50 - 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Notes: The sap of Euphorbia can be a skin irritant. Wear gloves when planting or pruning. Do not eat!
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m), Herbaceous - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers