(Fiveleaf Aralia) Native to eastern China and Japan, Eleutherococcus sieboldianus is an upright shrub with bright green, five lobed leave in summer which turn a lime green / yellow in autumn before falling.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Native to eastern China and Japan, Eleutherococcus sieboldianus is an upright shrub with bright green, five lobed leave in summer which turn a lime green / yellow in autumn before falling. Established plants may develop handsome, arching branches.
It has small, fairly inconspicuous, green-white flowers in early summer and long, extremely sharp thorns which make it an ideal for growing into a screen or barrier.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Greenish-white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eleutherococcus sieboldianus grows to be a medium sized or large, branching shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: This plant is also known as Acanthopanax sieboldianus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Honey Fungus Resistant