(Shaggy Wood Fern) A handsome fern, Dryopteris atrata is semi-evergreen with clumps of arching bright green fronds and black, scaly stems.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A handsome fern, Dryopteris atrata is semi-evergreen with clumps of arching bright green fronds and black, scaly stems. This is a a superb fern for a shady spot or woodland planting.
Dryopteris atrata can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist (but well drained), fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Dryopteris atrata grows to be a small to medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Spread: up to 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Small, Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Habit - Architectural
You might also like