(Ground cover Cotoneaster) An uncommon creeping shrub, Cotoneaster astrophoros is evergreen and forms a compact mat, studded with white, star-like flowers in spring.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
An uncommon weeping shrub, Cotoneaster astrophoros is evergreen and forms a compact mat, studded with white, star-like flowers in spring. These pretty flowers are followed by masses of beautiful, shiny red fruit in autumn.
This plant is more slow growing than Cotoneaster dammeri 'Coral Beauty' and nearly every garden has room for one or more, whether trailing over the edge of a stone trough or container or growing over a low wall. Can be planted in groups for ground cover.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Cotoneaster astrophoros grows to be a trailing, spreading ground cover plant..
- Height: 20 - 30 cm (up to 1 ft).
- Spread: 75 - 100 cm (up to 3 ft).
- Notes: This plant was formerly called Cotoneaster x 'Teulon Porter'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Suitable for Containers