Betula nana 'Golden Treasure'
(Dwarf Birch) New to us, Betula nana 'Golden Treasure' is a slow growing, dwarf birch with small, rounded golden yellow leaves in summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
New to us, Betula nana 'Golden Treasure' is a slow growing, dwarf birch with small, rounded golden yellow leaves in summer. Although it can develop handsome bark as it is so slow growing, it will take a long time and it is better to consider this a shrub for foliage in the short term.
Very hardy with best leaf colour if planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Betula nana 'Golden Treasure' grows to be a branching rounded shrub in the short term.
- Height: 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft)
- Spread: 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot
You might also like