Acer palmatum 'Going Green'
(Japanese Maple) A lovely tall shrub or eventually very small tree once established, Acer palmatum 'Going Green' has pale green young leaves which gradually turn a darker green in the summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A lovely tall shrub or eventually very small tree once established, Acer palmatum 'Going Green' has pale green young leaves which gradually turner darker green in the summer. The leaves have rich orange and yellow tints in autumn just before they fall. The young stems are bright green in colour, particularly eye-catching in the winter.
Acer palmatum 'Going Green' will give its best display of colourful leaves in a position with full sun or light, dappled shade and some shelter from strong winds if possible. Can be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Going Green' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Going Green' will eventually grow to be a graceful large, branching shrub or eventually very small tree.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft) / up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Architectural, Ornamental Bark, Suitable for Containers