Acer palmatum 'Ryusen'
(Weeping Japanese Maple) A handsome maple, Acer palmatum 'Ryusen' has a graceful, stiffly weeping habit with bright green leaves in spring, turning darker green in summer with excellent golden yellow, orange or red autumn colour.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A handsome maple, Acer palmatum 'Ryusen' has a graceful, stiffly weeping habit with bright green leaves in spring, turning darker green in summer with excellent golden yellow, orange or red autumn colour.
Acer palmatum 'Ryusen' is small, slender weeping plant (unless trained up a framework of bamboo canes or slender stakes to reach a larger size), excellent in a border (in sun or partial shade) and suitable for growing in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, neutral or slightly acid, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum ''Ryusen' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Small, stiffly weeping maple. The height and spread can be adjusted by training the main leader upwards or letting it weep from the grafted height
- Height: 1 - 2 m (3 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Weeping, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual