Acer palmatum 'Skeeter's Broom'
(Japanese Maple) Handsome and distinctive, Acer palmatum 'Skeeter's Broom' grows with a slender, upright habit when young, with deeply cut maroon-red summer leaves.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Handsome and distinctive, Acer palmatum 'Skeeter's Broom' grows with a slender, upright habit when young, with deeply cut maroon-red summer leaves. These leaves turn lovely shades of bright red or orange in autumn before falling.
Acer palmatum 'Skeeter's Broom' is lovely maple. The narrow habit makes it very suitable for gardens with limited space and it can also be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, neutral or slightly acid, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Skeeter's Broom' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Skeeter's Broom' is narrow and upright when young, spreading a little once mature and grows to be a medium to large branching shrub.
- Height: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (4 - 6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Narrow, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
Click on a thumbnail to load the video
You might also like