Acer palmatum 'Moonfire'
(Japanese Maple) A handsome maple, Acer palmatum 'Moonfire' is similar to the better known 'Bloodgood' but with leaves that are usually more bright purple/red in the summer.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome maple, Acer palmatum 'Moonfire' is similar to the better known 'Bloodgood' but with leaves that are usually more bright purple/red in the summer. The leaves seem fairly resistant to summer scorch and the autumn colour is bright red or orange depending on the soil.
Acer palmatum 'Moonfire'is an excellent large shrub or very small tree in the long term for summer and autumn leaf colour. It can be grown in a container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Acer palmatum 'Moonfire' will produce stronger autumn colours in a slightly acid soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Moonfire' requires shelter from strong winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually an elegant large, reasonably upright, branching shrub or very small tree.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
- On sale!