Acer capillipes 'Antoine'
(Snakebark maple) A narrow and upright tree, Acer capillipes 'Antoine' has a handsome green and gray bark covered with fine silver, snake-like lines once established.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
A narrow and upright tree, Acer capillipes 'Antoine' has a handsome green and gray bark covered with fine silver, snake-like lines once established. New stems are dark purple/red in colour. The leaves are large and dark green in summer, turning shades of yellow, orange or red in autumn before falling.
Acer capillipes 'Antoine' is a fantastic tree for winter interest and with the narrow habit is more suitable than some of the other snake-bark maples for gardens with limited horizontal space.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Acer capillipes 'Antoine' enjoys shelter from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer capillipes 'Antoine' will grow to be a small, narrow branching tree.
- Height: up to 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft) / up to 4 m (13 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft) / up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Colourful Bark or Stems, Habit - Narrow, Rare and Unusual