Acer palmatum 'Atropurpureum'
(Japanese Maple) Grown for its attractive foliage, Acer palmatum 'Atropurpureum' has deeply divided dark purple leaves which turn shades of red in autumn before falling.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Grown for its attractive foliage, Acer palmatum 'Atropurpureum' has deeply divided dark purple leaves which turn shades of red in autumn before falling.
A pleasant and reliable small garden tree, Acer palmatum 'Atropurpureum' has a elegant, branching habit once established. Can also be grown very successfully in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Acer palmatum 'Atropurpureum' will produce stronger autumn colours in a slightly acid soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Atropurpureum' requires shelter from strong winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually an elegant large, reasonably upright, branching shrub or very small tree.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / [up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Purple/Red