Acer x conspicuum 'Mozart'
Available Winter 2019
(Snakebark Maple) An unusual new introduction to the United Kingdom, this small tree has deep purple-red bark covered with vertical, sinuous silver lines.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual new introduction to the United Kingdom, this small tree has deep purple-red bark covered with vertical, sinuous silver lines. The leaves are bright green and turn butter yellow in the autumn before falling.
An attractive small tree all year round, the vivid stem colour makes Acer x conspicuum 'Mozart' particularly suitable for planting in a winter themed border or garden.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Appreciates shelter from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer x conspicuum 'Mozart' grows to be a very small branching tree.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft) / [up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years]
- Notes: This plant is also known as Acer pectinatum 'Mozart' and is a hybrid between Acer pensylvanicum and Acer davidii.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also like