Acer davidii 'Serpentine'
(Snakebark Maple) Acer davidii 'Serpentine' is a lovely small tree, with intricate silver lines on the bark once established which gradually snake around the trunk as it grows creating a ghostly effect.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
(Snakebark Maple) The intricate silver lines on the bark of Acer davidii 'Serpentine' gradually snake around the trunk as it grows creating a ghostly effect. The leaves are dark green and noticeably more narrow then those of a species Acer davidii.
The leaves turn rich yellow in a good autumn and are complimented by clusters of ruddy seeds on mature trees. A smaller tree than most other cultivars of snakebark maple, Acer davidii 'Serpentine' is a lovely plant for gardens with limited space and a fascinating addition to a winter garden.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Acer davidii 'Serpentine' requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer davidii 'Serpentine' will grow to be a small branching tree.
- Height: up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) / up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems