(Cretan Maple) A rare, semi-evergreen tree which is native to South-eastern Europe and South-western Asia.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A rare, semi-evergreen shrub which is native to South-eastern Europe and South-western Asia. It has dark green, hard, leathery leaves which can stay on the plant until Christmas in a mild winter but may fall earlier in cold conditions.
Acer sempervirens is an interesting and unusual specimen plant.
- Position: Warm and sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. As a semi-evergreen plant, this will keep its leaves in a mild winter and loose them in a colder winter. May require protection in severe winters.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer sempervirens grows to be a large branching shrub.
- Height: eventually up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) / or up to 2 - 3 m (6 - 10 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 3 m / or up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) after 10 years
- Notes: This is one of the most drought and heat tolerant Acers and most suitable for a sunny, hot, dry border.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features