(Cretan Maple) A rare, semi-evergreen tree which is native to South-eastern Europe and South-western Asia.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare, semi-evergreen shrub which is native to South-eastern Europe and South-western Asia. It has dark green, hard, leathery leaves which can stay on the plant until Christmas in a mild winter but may fall earlier in cold conditions.
Acer sempervirens is an interesting and unusual specimen plant.
- Position: Warm and sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. As a semi-evergreen plant, this will keep its leaves in a mild winter and loose them in a colder winter. May require protection in severe winters.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer sempervirens grows to be a large branching shrub.
- Height: eventually up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) / or up to 2 - 3 m (6 - 10 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 3 m / or up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) after 10 years
- Notes: This is one of the most drought and heat tolerant Acers and most suitable for a sunny, hot, dry border.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features