Acer palmatum 'Shishigashira'
(Japanese Maple) Acer palmatum 'Shishigashira' has an golden autumn colour and an upright habit with the branches covered with congested "clouds" of small, dark green leaves in summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Shipped within 2 - 4 working days
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Acer palmatum 'Shishigashira' has an golden autumn colour and an upright habit with the branches covered with congested "clouds" of small, dark green leaves in summer. These are lush green in spring / summer and colour brilliantly to a burnished gold and bright orange in late autumn time.
A slow growing and uncommon selection, Acer palmatum 'Shishigashira' has real architectural appeal once established!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Shishigashira' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Shishigashira' grows to be a small or medium sized, branching, upright shrub.
- up to 3 m (10 ft)/ or up to 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft) after 10 years
- 2 m (6 ft)/ or up to 1 m (3 ft) after 10 years
- Notes: This plant was formerly called Acer palmatum 'Ribesifolium'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot