Acer x freemanii
(Blaze Maple) A handsome, vigorous tree which has green leaves with a silvery underside and clear-red veins that turn spectacular shades of crimson-red and orange in autumn.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A handsome, vigorous tree which has green leaves with a silvery underside and clear-red veins that turn spectacular shades of crimson-red and orange in autumn. Acer x freemanii is a vigorous tree and will quickly develop an oval head and pleasing autumn colours.
Ideal for group planting to create a vivid autumn colour display or for growing as a specimen, standalone tree.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil. Acer x freemanii has autumn colour which will generally be more intense in more acidic soils!
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Acer x freemanii grows to be a medium sized or eventually large tree with a narrow, domed crown when mature.
- Height: 20 m (65 ft) / [up to 10 m (32 ft) in ten years]
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft) / [5 m (16 ft) in ten years]
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also like