Acer x conspicuum 'Silver Cardinal'
(Snakebark Maple) This beautiful and unusual snakebark maple has excellent cream and pink variegated foliage that is not as prone to scorch as some variegated maples.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
This beautiful and unusual snakebark maple has excellent cream and pink variegated foliage that is not as prone to scorch as some variegated maples.
Acer x conspicuum 'Silver Cardinal' has a delightful 'snaking' effect on the trunk, with well defined silver lines that contrast vividly with the glossy pink bark. The young leaves appear as creamy pink and these darken to green and white as they age.
Acer x conspicuum 'Silver Cardinal' is particularly suitable to areas in dappled light under trees and in this sort of position can really brighten up a dark area of the garden.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Requires shelter from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow initially then moderate.
- Habit: Acer x conspicuum 'Silver Cardinal' grows to be a large branching shrub or eventually, a small multi-stemmed tree.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft) / [up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, Leaf Colour - Variegated
You might also like