(Crimson Glory Vine) Vitis coignetiae is a spectacular and vigorous climber with lovely autumn colour which can be found in the wild growing through trees in the forests of Japan and Korea.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Spectacular and vigorous climber with lovely autumn colour which can be found in the wild growing through trees in the forests of Japan and Korea. Vitis coignetiae has very large (up to 30 cm across), dark green leaves which turn glowing, rich-red and amber in autumn.
Vitis coignetiae requires a large amount of space and generally looks best when allowed to ramble through an old tree or over an old building, wall or fence!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: A very large climbing plant, Vitis coignetiae will require support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 20 m (65 ft)
- Spread: Approx 10 m (32 ft)
- Pruning: Prune Vitis coignetiae to shape or to reduce size in winter/early spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also like