- On sale!
(Chaste Tree) Vitex agnus-castus is an unusual, deciduous shrub native to parts of Europe, particularly the Mediterranean region, with aromatic green leaves and fragrant, slender, violet flower panicles in late summer or early autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual, deciduous shrub native to parts of Europe, particularly the Mediterranean region, with aromatic green leaves and fragrant, slender, violet flower panicles in late summer or early autumn. The flower spikes of Vitex agnus-castus are a little similar in appearance to those of Buddleja (Butterfly Bush) and popular with insects. A tasteful, late flowering shrub for a sunny garden!
- Position: Warm in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Vitex agnus-castus requires a hot, sunny position to ripen the new growth in the summer and produce most flower spikes.
- Flowering Period: August - October
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: In the UK Vitex agnus-castus will generally grow to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: To encourage flowering, prune out the old, flowering shoots in early Spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Scented
You might also like