Tricyrtis formosana stolonifera
(Toad Lily) A native to east Asia, Tricyrtis formosana has eye-catching flowers and forms elegant clumps with dark green, glossy leaves.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A native to east Asia, Tricyrtis formosana has eye-catching flowers and forms elegant clumps with dark green, glossy leaves. The flowers, supported by long stems, are light mauve in colour with darker spots and have a pretty yellow throat. They are usually seen in late summer or autumn.
Tricyrtis formosana is ideal for a shady border or for planting en masse in woodland gardens.
- Position: Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clump forming perennial with tall flowering stems.
- Height: up to 100 cm (3 ft)
- Spread: 100 cm (3 ft)
- Notes: Tricyrtis formosana will grow best when sheltered from strong winds and can require protection from slugs
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Summer, Flowers in Autumn