Tricyrtis formosana stolonifera
(Toad Lily) A native to east Asia, Tricyrtis formosana has eye-catching flowers and forms elegant clumps with dark green, glossy leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A native to east Asia, Tricyrtis formosana has eye-catching flowers and forms elegant clumps with dark green, glossy leaves. The flowers, supported by long stems, are light mauve in colour with darker spots and have a pretty yellow throat. They are usually seen in late summer or autumn.
Tricyrtis formosana is ideal for a shady border or for planting en masse in woodland gardens.
- Position: Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clump forming perennial with tall flowering stems.
- Height: up to 100 cm (3 ft)
- Spread: 100 cm (3 ft)
- Notes: Tricyrtis formosana will grow best when sheltered from strong winds and can require protection from slugs
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November)