(Montbretia) A popular clump forming perennial native to South Africa with dense clumps of long, upright, dark green, sword-like leaves and spikes of brilliant-red flowers in late summer.
Best flower display when planted in a position with plenty of sun. Grows well in a large container.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A popular plant native to South Africa, Crocosmia 'Lucifer' has dense clumps of long, upright, sword-like leaves and has clusters of brilliant-red flowers in late summer. Spectacular when group planted in a flowering border to add structure and vivid colour or as part of a 'hot' border.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Crocosmia 'Lucifer' grows to be a clump forming perennial with upright flower stems.
- Height: 100 cm (3 ft)
- Spread: 80 cm (2 ½ ft)
- Notes: The stems of Crocosmia 'Lucifer' can be cut to produce eye-catching cut flowers in late summer. Mature plants can be divided in the spring and replanted as required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m), Herbaceous - Large (1.2m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Flowers in Autumn, Suitable for Containers, Wildlife Friendly - Bees