Physocarpus opulifolius 'Summer Moon'
(Ninebark) New to us, Physocarpus opulifolius 'Summer Moon' has handsome bronze/purple summer leaves and round, moon-like clusters of pale white (flushed pink when in bud) flowers in early summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
New to us, Physocarpus opulifolius 'Summer Moon' has handsome bronze/purple summer leaves and round, moon-like clusters of pale white (flushed pink when in bud) flowers in early summer. These flowers stand out very well against the dark foliage.
Best flowers if planted in a sunny position. Can be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized to large, densely branching, rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
You might also like