Physocarpus opulifolius 'Midnight'
(Ninebark) An eye-catching new selection, Physocarpus opulifolius 'Midnight' has very dark purple/black leaves in spring and summer with orange and purple autumn tints before the leaves fall.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An eye-catching new selection, Physocarpus opulifolius 'Midnight' has very dark purple/black leaves in spring and summer with orange and purple autumn tints before the leaves fall. Clusters of white flowers stand out well against the dark leaves in summer.
Physocarpus opulifolius 'Midnight' will have best foliage colour if planted in a sunny position. Can be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized rounded shrub with arching branches. Can be pruned to set height if required..
- Height: 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (4 - 6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
You might also like