(Star Jasmine) An evergreen, twining climber native to parts of China, Korea and Japan, Trachelospermum jasminoides has fragrant, creamy-white flowers in late summer and dark green, glossy leaves.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
An evergreen, twining climber native to parts of China, Korea and Japan, Trachelospermum jasminoides has fragrant, creamy-white flowers in late summer and dark green, glossy leaves.
The scented flowers are lovely and make Trachelospermum jasminoides a particularly sought after climber for growing up trellis near a door or garden path!
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Trachelospermum jasminoides requires shelter from cold winter wind and protection from severe frosts. Can be damaged by severe cold.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Trachelospermum jasminoides grows to be a medium sized climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: Trachelospermum jasminoides is ideal for climbing up trellis or supporting wires on a wall or fence in a warm, sunny garden. This plant was formerly known as Rhyncospermum jasminoides.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features