Thuja occidentalis 'Holmstrup'
(Dwarf White Cedar) A handsome, slow-growing conifer, Thuja occidentalis 'Holmstrup' has very dark green scale-like leaves and a dense, conical, upright habit once established.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome, slow-growing conifer, Thuja occidentalis 'Holmstrup' has very dark green scale-like leaves and a dense, conical, upright habit once established. The leaves may develop bronze-tints in winter, turning back to green in the following year.
Thuja occidentalis 'Holmstrup has a neat and tidy apperance and does not really need pruning to keep its shape. Ideal for planting as a standalone conifer or in a line to act as a low screen, it can also be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Thuja occidentalis 'Holmstrup' will grow as a narrow, conical shrub in the short term, making a very small tree in many years.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) eventually or 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft) in 10 years
- Spread: up to 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, To grow in a pot, Screening/Hedge, Habit - Narrow