(Holm Oak) A majestic large, evergreen tree native to the Mediterranean region of Europe, Quercus ilex is known for its deep green leaves, smooth grey bark and branching habit.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A majestic, evergreen tree native to the Mediterranean region of Europe, Quercus ilex is known for its deep green leaves, smooth grey bark and branching habit.
Quercus ilex is a fantastic plant for 'screening' out buildings or unwanted views once established and also a handsome specimen tree for larger gardens.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained. Quercus ilex will grow on chalky soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a large tree with a dense, rounded crown.
- Height: up to 25 m (82 ft)
- Spread: 20 m (65 ft)
- Notes: Quercus ilex is drought resistant and generally grows well in coastal areas.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge