(Holm Oak) A majestic large, evergreen tree native to the Mediterranean region of Europe, Quercus ilex is known for its deep green leaves, smooth grey bark and branching habit.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A majestic, evergreen tree native to the Mediterranean region of Europe, Quercus ilex is known for its deep green leaves, smooth grey bark and branching habit.
Quercus ilex is a fantastic plant for 'screening' out buildings or unwanted views once established and also a handsome specimen tree for larger gardens.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained. Quercus ilex will grow on chalky soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a large tree with a dense, rounded crown.
- Height: up to 25 m (82 ft)
- Spread: 20 m (65 ft)
- Notes: Quercus ilex is drought resistant and generally grows well in coastal areas.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge
You might also like