(Jungle Brake) Pteris umbrosa is native to parts of Eastern Australia, growing as a small to medium sized, compact, evergreen, clump forming fern with eye-catching bright green fronds.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard
Pteris umbrosa is native to parts of Eastern Australia, growing as a small to medium-sized, compact, evergreen, clump forming fern with eye-catching bright green fronds.
Most suited to partial or heavy shade in warm, mild areas sheltered from cold winds.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist (but well drained), fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Not particularly hardy. Tolerates cold down to approx -1oC to -3oC but requires a mild, sheltered position and protection in cold winters. Can be grown in a container and moved into a greenhouse or similar over winter. Not at all suitable for cold or exposed areas.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Pteris umbrosa grows to be a small to medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Spread: up to 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Notes: Please be aware that Pteris umbrosa can be damaged or killed in the winter by cold weather if not adequately protected and if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Fern - Medium, Fern - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Foliage - Unusual Shape, Habit - Architectural
- On sale!