Pseudopanax 'Moa's Toes'
Pseudopanax 'Moa's Toes' in an unusual tall evergreen shrub or eventually very small tree (in mild areas) which has distinctive dark greenish-purple, three lobed leaves which resemble a Moas toes.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Pseudopanax 'Moa's Toes' in an unusual tall evergreen shrub or eventually very small tree (in mild areas) which has distinctive dark greenish-purple, three lobed leaves which resemble a Moas toes. Established plants develop quite a bushy habit.
Best in sun or light, dappled shade and requires a warm, sheltered position. Not suitable for cold, windy areas.
- Position: Ideally sheltered from wind in a position with sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Requires a shelter from cold winds and protection in severe winters. Best in mild areas and not suitable for cold, exposed gardens.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Pseudopanax 'Moa's Toes' grows to be a tall shrub or eventually small tree with a branching habit once established.
- Height: up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft).
- Notes: Pseudopanax 'Moa's Toes' can be fickle and difficult if planted in a poor position and growing it is best attempted by experienced gardeners. As a result please be aware that it is not covered by our usual guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Rare and Unusual, Habit - Architectural, Foliage - Unusual Shape