Prunus x yedoensis
(Yoshino Cherry) A hardy, spreading small to medium sized tree which is covered with beautiful, large pale-pink to white flowers each spring.
A hardy, spreading small to medium sized tree which is covered with beautiful, large pale-pink to white flowers each spring. THe leaves are dark green in summer with yellow, orange and purple autumn tints as they fall.
Prunus x yedoensis is aantastic choice of ornamental cherry for Spring flowers once established.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: Late March - April.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink to white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Prunus x yedoensis grows to be a small to medium sized spreading tree.
- Height: up to 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft)
- Spread: 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft)
- Notes: Prunus are known for their vigorous root systems and should not be planted over drains or close to house foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring