(Ornamental Cherry) One of the finest cherries for early spring flowers, Prunus 'Kursar' grows to be a small elegant tree with masses of bright pink flowers before the leaves emerge in March and April.
Leading shoots pruned to encourage branching once established.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
One of the finest cherries for early spring flowers, Prunus 'Kursar' has masses of bright pink flowers before the leaves emerge in March and April. The leaves are usually bronze when they emerge in spring, turning green later on in summer with yellow and orange autumn tints before they fall in October.
Prunus 'Kursar' is an excellent choice of small tree for early spring flowers.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Pink.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Prunus 'Kursar' grows to be a small branching tree.
- Height: up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring