- On sale!
Prunus laurocerasus 'Camelliifolia'
(Twisted Laurel) An unusual selection of laurel, Prunus laurocerasus 'Camelliifolia' is a vigorous, flowering, evergreen shrub with curious and eye catching, twisted and curled leaves all year round.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
A rare selection of laurel, Prunus laurocerasus 'Camelliifolia' is a vigorous, flowering, evergreen shrub with curious and eye catching, twisted and curled leaves all year round. These leaves are ldark green and excellent for use in flower arrangements. In late spring it is covered with upright spikes of white flowers that last for several weeks.
Prunus laurocerasus 'Camelliifolia' is a handsome evergreen shrub and a fine choice for screening unsightly buildings once established.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Will tolerate damp but well drained soil. Dislikes waterlogged soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate - vigorous.
- Habit: Prunus laurocerasus 'Camelliifolia' grows to be a medium sized or large, densely branching shrub (can be pruned if required). Eventually will become a very small multi-stemmed tree if not pruned.
- Height: eventually up to 4 m (13 ft) / or 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / / or 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft), Tree - Small (under 20 ft), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge, Leaf Shape - Unusual