Prunus x subhirtella 'Fukubana'
(Flowering Cherry) One of the most colourful cherry trees, Prunus x subhirtella 'Fukubana' has masses of semi-double, rose-pink flowers in spring.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
One of the most colourful cherry trees, Prunus x subhirtella 'Fukubana' has masses of semi-double, rose-pink flowers in spring. The leaves are mid green and appear after the flowers have fallen.
Prunus x subhirtella 'Fukubana' is a superb garden tree for spring colour and a young tree in our arboretum has a fantastic flower display each year!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Most fertile soil. Tolerates damp but well drained soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Prunus x subhirtella 'Fukubana' grows to be a very small branching tree with a somewhat rounded crown.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: Prunus are known for their vigorous root systems and should not be planted over drains or close to house foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like