(Makino’s Holly Fern) Polystichum makinoi is a handsome medium sized to large semi-evergreen fern with arching, dark green fronds.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Polystichum makinoi is a handsome medium sized to large semi-evergreen fern native to parts of Japan and China with arching, dark green fronds.
Ideal for a garden position in light dappled or heavy shade. It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position. Best in moist but free draining soil.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Polystichum makinoi grows to be a medium sized to large fern.
- Height: up to 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Spread: up to 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Medium, Herbaceous - Large (Tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Evergreen, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large