Pieris japonica 'Katsura'
(Lily of the Valley) Pieris japonica 'Katsura' is a lovely, evergreen, medium sized shrub which was discovered in Japan beside a Shinto Temple and in early spring it has masses of rich pink flowers
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
This lovely, evergreen shrub was discovered in Japan beside a Shinto Temple and in early spring it has masses of rich pink flowers. The new foliage is an attractive dark, chocolate purple in colour and these leaves turn a lush, dark green as they age.
Pieris japonica 'Katsura' is a beautiful plant that is suitable for most gardens and can also be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, acid soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Pieris japonica 'Katsura' does best with shelter from cold winter winds. Very exposed, open areas are not ideal.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Pieris japonica 'Katsura' grows to be a medium sized, upright shrub in time.
- Height: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: Pieris japonica 'Katsura' will usually not grow well in gardens with neutral or alkali / chalky soils.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant
- On sale!