Distylium myricoides 'Blue Cascade'
(Winter-hazel) New to us this Distylium myricoides 'Blue Cascade' is an evergreen shrub with dark bluish-green leaves tinted bronze when they emerge in Spring and reddish-maroon flowers in late winter.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
New to us this Distylium myricoides 'Blue Cascade' is an evergreen shrub with dark bluish-green leaves tinted bronze when they emerge in Spring and reddish-maroon flowers in late winter. Compact, bushy habit and can be grown well in a large container.
Although tolerant of some shade you will usually see best flower display & foliage colour once established if planted in a sunny position sheltered from strong winds.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, acid or neutral, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Distylium myricoides 'Blue Cascade' requires shelter from cold winter winds and will grow more quickly in mild areas of the U.K. Young growth can be damaged by very late, severe spring frosts, although it usually recovers well in the following year.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Reddish-maroon
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small to medium sized, elegant, spreading shrub.
- Height: 1 - 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1 - 1.5 m (5 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small, Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Not Fussy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering in Winter, Foliage - Blue/Silver, Suitable for Containers