- Sold Out
(Myrtle) Myrtus communis is a popular evergreen shrub native to Southern Europe and Western Asia with masses of lovely white flowers in late summer which stand out well against the dark green leaves.
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands*
For assistance or to order by phone call our office on 01530 413700
Myrtus communis is a popular evergreen shrub native to Southern Europe and Western Asia with masses of lovely white flowers in late summer which stand out well against the dark green leaves. Interestingly, tradition decrees a sprig of myrtle flowers should be used in royal wedding bouquets. The leaves have a pleasing, aromatic fragrance when crushed or rubbed.
Myrtus communis is an excellent garden plant with year round interest, doing best in a warm, sheltered garden!
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Requires a warm position. Myrtus communis requires shelter from cold winter winds and protection in cold winters.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Myrtus communis eventually grows to be a medium sized shrub with a bushy, rounded habit.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that Myrtus communis can be a fickle and difficult plant in the winter or if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Scented, Suitable for Containers
- Sold Out
- On sale!