Physocarpus opulifolius 'Little Angel'
(Ninebark) New to us, this is a superb hardy, small or eventually medium sized deciduous shrub with a compact, branching habit and vibrant purple-red leaves each Spring. Suitable for growing in a large container.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, this is a superb hardy, small or eventually medium sized deciduous shrub with a compact, branching habit and vibrant purple-red leaves each Spring. The leaves turn dark purple later on in Summer. Ornamental clusters of white flower appear on the branches in early summer.
Best foliage colour once established if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Will tolerate damp but well drained soil (avoid waterlogged areas).
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Physocarpus opulifolius 'Little Angel' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized branching shrub.
- Height: up to 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft) or smaller if pruned regularly
- Spread: 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Windy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Foliage - Purple/Red, Suitable for Containers, Screening/Hedge