Physocarpus opulifolius 'Panther'
(Ninebark) New to us, Physocarpus opulifolius 'Panther' grows to be a small to medium sized, deciduous shrub with striking dark purplish-black summer leaves.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
New to us, Physocarpus opulifolius 'Panther' grows to be a small to medium sized, deciduous shrub with striking dark purplish-black summer leaves. Clusters of pinkish-white flowers stand out well against the dark leaves in summer. The leaves have purple and orange tints before falling in autumn.
Best foliage colour if planted in a sunny position. Can be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Pinkish-white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized rounded shrub with arching branches. Can be pruned to set height if required..
- Height: 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (4 - 6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium, Shrub - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy
- Special Features
- Flowering in Summer, Foliage - Purple/Red, Suitable for Containers
- On sale!