Myrtus communis subsp tarentina
(Dwarf Myrtle) Myrtus communis subsp tarentina is a slow growing, dwarf, evergreen shrub with dainty, narrow leaves and masses of pretty, lightly scented white flowers in late summer followed by attractive white berries.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A slow growing, evergreen dwarf shrub with dainty, narrow leaves and masses of pretty, lightly scented white flowers in late summer followed by attractive white berries. Myrtus communis subsp tarentina is suitable for even the smallest of gardens and can also be grown very well in a large container or pot.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Requires a warm position. Myrtus communis subsp. tarentina requires shelter from cold winter winds and can suffer damage in a severe winter if not protected.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Compact, rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that Myrtus communis subsp. tarentina can be a fickle and difficult plant in the winter or if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Scented, Evergreen, To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also likeNew Price Each £14.95New Price Each £75.00New Price Each £9.95
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £12.95