(Elephants Ears) A hardy, evergreen spreading perennial with large dark green leaves and spikes of drooping vivid pink-red flowers each spring.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Bergenia 'Overture' is a hardy, evergreen spreading perennial with large dark green leaves and spikes of drooping vivid pink-red flowers each spring. In the winter the otherwise green leaves will turn purple and bronze after spells of severe winter cold.
Although tolerant of some shade, the best display of flowers will usually be seen if planted in a sunny, well drained position.
- Position: Sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Bergenia 'Overture' grows to be a clump forming perennial. Can be grown in a large container.
- Height: 20 - 40 cm (1 - 1 1/2 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers, Evergreen