Magnolia sieboldii 'Colossus'
A very rare cultivar, Magnolia sieboldii 'Colossus' is similar in appearance to the classic species, except it has much larger, semi to fully double white flowers with a cerise center.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A very rare cultivar, Magnolia sieboldii 'Colossus' is similar in appearance to the classic species listed above, except it has much larger, semi to fully double white flowers with a cerise center. These flowers have a lovely, sweet scent. Long, ornamental pink fruit appear on the branches later in the year.
An unusual and eye-catching garden tree.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - July.
- Flower Colour: White with a cerise center
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia sieboldii 'Colossus' grows to be a large shrub or eventually a small spreading, branching tree.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented, Fruit - Ornamental, Rare and Unusual